17,000 small businesses participated in Amazon.sg’s Prime Day 2021, a 40% increase from a year-on-year basis.
Online retail platform Amazon recently concluded two days of Prime Day 2021, its 48-hour shopping event, and according to the platform, it delivered big savings for Prime members. More than 17,000 small businesses participated in this year’s Prime Day on Amazon.sg, a 40% increase from a year-on-year basis, and more than 250 million items were purchased by Prime members worldwide.
Here are some highlights from the sale:
Wins for Small Businesses
- 7,000 of the 17,000 small businesses joined Prime Day for the first time ever.
- Top-selling categories for SMBs include: Home, PC, Electronics, Health and Personal Care, Kitchen.
- Top selling products from local small businesses include: 2-in-1 Shiatsu Foot and Back Massager from Snailax, Cressent Dale Premium Fitted Sheet Sets Epitex, Adjustable Ergonomic Laptop Stand from Oli & Ode, Feeding Bottle and Breast Milk Storage Lid Bundle from Hegen, Baby Monitor VAVA 720P from Trekvue.
- Amazon Study discovered that more than half of Singapore shoppers will choose to support local sellers with Gen X-ers (48%) being the biggest supporters, followed by Millenials (44%) and Gen Z (32%).
Massive Savings for Consumers
- Fun fact: The amount of SongHe rice purchased on Prime Day 2021 in Singapore is enough to create a straight line from Singapore to Tokyo!
- Top selling products on Amazon.sg: Thai Fragrant Rice (5kg) from SongHe, Botanical Body Wash (1L) from Sukin, Basilisk X Hyperspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse from Razer.
- Top selling products in Singapore on Amazon Fresh: Ultra Soft Bath Tissue (Pack of 20) from Kleenex, Premium Care Pants Diapers (XL, pack of 36) from Pampers, Lager Beer Can Carton (320ml, pack of 24) from Tiger.
“Prime Day was a great success this year as we helped many small businesses boost their sales online and Prime members enjoyed great cost savings over two days,” said Henry Low, Country Manager, Amazon Singapore.